These are the key definitions you need to know.
This policy outlines our policies and practices for the collection, use, storage and dissemination of personal information collected from individuals who visit the websites www.Findspace.com or app.Findspace.com (our “Website“), use the Findspace platform, or use the Findspace mobile application (collectively the “Findspace Properties”). In this policy ‘you’, ‘your’ and “users” refer to such individuals and ‘us’, our, ‘we’ and of course ‘Findspace refers Findspace Inc. and its affiliates.
This is when this policy applies, and what to do if you do not agree with it.
Findspace Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This is the information about you that we collect, and how we collect it.
This policy applies to information we collect through Findspace Properties, in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Findspace, and through mobile and desktop applications you download, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and a Findspace Property.
It does not apply to information collected by offline communication with Findspace parties or through any other means outside of the Findspace Properties, or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on a Findspace Property.
We collect several types of information from and about users of Findspace Properties, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“Personal Data“), and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access Findspace Properties, and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us by filling in forms on Findspace Properties, by sending correspondence to us, or by completing transactions through the Findspace platform. We also collect this information automatically as you navigate through the Findspace Properties by using cookies and graphic interchange formats (GIFS).
Information collected automatically may include usage details, traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data and the data regarding the resources that you access and use on the Findspace platform, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Your opt-in will be required for any automatic data collection that isn’t purely for Findspace internal analytics or necessary for your use of the Findspace platform. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
A cookie is a small data file that that is placed on your device when you visit Findspace Properties that contains a unique identification number and stores information about your computer, the type of browser you use, and how many times your computer visits a certain platform or app. A GIF is computer code that contains a unique identifier.
This is how we use the information we collect.
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present the Findspace Properties and their contents to you,
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on the Findspace Properties,
- to improve the Findspace Properties by storing information about your preferences, customizing elements of the Findspace Properties to your interest, speeding up your searches, and recognizing you when you return to the Findspace Properties,
- to send promotional information to users who request information about our products and services,
- to provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices,
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection,
- to notify you about changes to the Findspace Properties or any products or services we offer or provide though them,
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Findspace will only use your Personal Data in ways that are compatible with the limited purpose for which it was collected, unless we receive your permission otherwise. Before we use your Personal Data for a purpose that is materially different than the purpose for which it was collected, or that you later authorized, we will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of such usage. We maintain reasonable procedures to help ensure that Personal Data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
If you have consented to receiving promotional information from us you may unsubscribe at any time by selecting the “opt-out” link that is included at the bottom of every promotional e-mail we send to you, or by e-mailing privacy@Findspace.com with the subject line: Opt-out. While we will endeavor to process your request as soon as possible, you may continue to receive promotional messages for a short period while your request is processed.
This is how, when, and why we may disclose the information we collect.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- as required to fulfill any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information,
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to perform functions on our behalf and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that third-party agents and service providers process Personal Data in accordance with our obligations and to stop and remediate any unauthorized processing. Under certain circumstances, we may remain liable for the acts of our third-party agents or service providers who perform services on our behalf for their handling of Personal Data that we transfer to them,
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates,
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Findspace’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Findspace about users of the Findspace Properties is among the assets transferred,
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any valid government or regulatory request,
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Findspace, our customers, or others, or
- otherwise with your consent.
This is how we process information that we collect, including some specific information relevant for residents of the European Union under the Data Processing and General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Findspace’s core offering is the Findspace Platform, which allows customers to upload and manage their commercial real estate portfolios. Data input into the Findspace Platform is known as “Client Data.” Under GDPR, Findspace is a Data Processor of Findspace Client Data. Users of the Findspace Platform are the Controllers of Client Data and are responsible for all Controller obligations, such as choosing the appropriate legal basis for collecting and using tenants’ personal data.
Findspace collects, stores and processes business contact data (used for direct marketing, demonstrations, and business development) and user usage data (used for internal analytics, user experience tracking, and marketing purposes.) Business contact data is obtained by Findspace on the basis of your consent (where you affirmatively provide it to Findspace, for example when requesting a product demonstration) or for Findspace’ legitimate interest in responding to your queries, assisting you in your use of the Findspace platform, and otherwise communicating with Findspace users, customers, and potential customers. User usage data is obtained for Findspace’ legitimate interest of providing customer support, improving the Findspace platform, and communicating with Findspace customers or potential customers. Individuals can opt out of the use of business contact data at any time by making a request to privacy@Findspace.com. User usage data is a part of the Findspace platform. Therefore, when an individual would like to opt-out of collection of usage data, the individual will no longer be able to use the Findspace platform.
This is how we secure the information we collect and some security matters for which you are responsible.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Findspace Properties, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to Findspace over the internet. Any transmission Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on Findspace Properties.
This is how you can access, correct, or delete the information we collect about you, and if you are a resident of the European Union, exercise your GDPR rights.
Findspace operations are based in Canada, which is the geographic location for all Findspace data processing and where Personal Data is stored.
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into the particular Findspace Property and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at privacy@Findspace.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, or request execution of the following rights:
- confirmation of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Data,
- receive a copy of your Personal Data,
- correction of your Personal Data,
- deletion of all of your Personal Data
- restricting or ending the use or processing your Personal Data for a particular purpose,
- obtaining a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable ‘open format’ (e.g., XML, JSON, CSV, text file format),
- confirmation of the categories of Personal Data that we have shared during the preceding calendar year with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes, or
- opt out of automated decision making.
Findspace cannot delete all of your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In the event that you do not opt to have your data deleted, Findspace may retain your Personal Data only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose to use that data, but in no event longer than seven years from your last interaction with Findspace.
Except as otherwise required by law, Findspace reserves the right to refuse to provide you with access to all or part of your Personal Data and/or an account of third-party to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed where;
- disclosure of the information is prohibitively costly,
- the information contains Personal Data of other persons,
- the information contains confidential information of Findspace or another party, or is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege, or
- Findspace is advised by its counsel to not disclose the Personal Data for reasons of applicable law.
These are some additional policies that apply to how we respond to your requests to access, correct, or delete the information we collect.
Where we do not believe you are entitled to access to all or part of your Personal Data we will, to the extent permitted by law, provide you with the reasons for non-disclosure. Where information will be disclosed, we will endeavor to provide the information within a reasonable time and no later than 30 days following the request
Findspace will not respond to repetitious or vexatious requests for access. In determining whether a request is repetitious or vexatious, we will consider such factors as the frequency with which information is updated, the purpose for which the information is used, and the nature of the information.
To guard against fraudulent requests for access, Findspace may require sufficient information to allow it to confirm your identity before granting access or making corrections.
When Findspace is unable to resolve your request to access, amend or delete your Personal Information to your satisfaction, we will maintain a record of the event. This record may be shared with third parties having access to the information in question.
How we may involve third party data controllers.
We may only transfer Personal Data to unaffiliated third-party data controllers when you have opted-in to that transfer. These third-parties do not act as agents or service providers and are not performing functions on our behalf. We will enter into written contracts with any and all unaffiliated third-party data controllers requiring them to provide the same level of protection for Personal Data as we do. We will also limit their use of your Personal Data so that it is consistent with any consent you have provided and with the notices you have received. If we transfer your Personal Data to one of our affiliated entities within our corporate group, we will ensure that your Personal Data does not receive any less protection.
This is how to know if we have exercised our right to amend this policy.
This is how to reach us if you have any question or complaints.
If you have any questions about the privacy practices of Findspace, or you wish to access your Personal Data, please contact us at privacy@Findspace.com. We will investigate resolve any complaints, disputes, or rights request regarding the use or disclosure of your Personal Data within thirty (30) days of receiving your inquiry.